At Nalchajian Orthodontics, we offer a wide variety of orthodontic treatments to help you achieve your best smile. Advances in orthodontics allow you to choose from a variety of treatment options to best suit your specific needs, preferences, and budget.
During your initial consultation with Dr. Greg Nalchajian or Dr. Nicole Nalchajian, we will discuss all your options for braces and help you select the type that will provide your best result! We offer the full scope of orthodontic care in both of our office in Fresno, CA, and Clovis, CA.
Types of Braces
From traditional braces to clear aligners, our office has multiple options to suit your orthodontic needs and personal preferences. Here are a few of the most popular options for braces.
- Traditional metal braces are a common orthodontic technique that straightens the teeth using metal brackets and wires. The ligatures and ties used with traditional braces come in a variety of colors that can be changed at every adjustment for added fun. Clear ligatures and ties are offered as well.
- Ceramic braces are popular among those who have cosmetic concerns about traditional braces because they are less visible. However, they are often placed on the upper front teeth only due to the extra care required.
- Clear aligners, such as Invisalign®, are the ideal choice for those who desire straighter teeth without the look of traditional metal braces. Teeth are straightened using a series of clear aligners that are virtually invisible and completely removable.
Traditional metal braces remain a very popular choice for their affordability and performance and are still recognized as the most common orthodontic technique. Today’s metal braces have evolved to offer an experience more comfortable and customizable than ever before.
What are traditional braces?
With metal braces, stainless steel brackets and wires are used and work by placing constant and gentle pressure on the teeth. Over time, this pressure shifts your teeth into optimal alignment.
There are four components of traditional braces:
- The metal piece that attaches to the tooth and arch wire, called the bracket
- The bond that cements the bracket to the tooth
- The arch wire that runs across the entire upper or lower arch and through each bracket
- The ligature elastic, which fits around each bracket and holds the arch wire in place
During your adjustment appointments, your orthodontist will check to make sure that every component of your appliance is in place and that your treatment is going to plan. Your orthodontist will then adjust your braces that will continue to shift your teeth into proper alignment. Some patients may experience minimal discomfort after an adjustment, but most patients forget they are even wearing braces.
The ligature elastics, ties, and brackets are offered in a variety of colors and can be changed during adjustments. This is a fun and special way to show off your orthodontic treatment and gives you the opportunity to show off your unique style.
We value our patients and their loved ones, and we strive to give our patients a smile that is healthy, straight, and beautiful. If you are interested in braces for you or your child, we encourage you to contact our office. We can schedule a complimentary consultation with you and come up with a treatment plan that suits your needs, lifestyle, and budget.
Braces in Fresno, CA, and Clovis, CA
Whether you are seeking orthodontic treatment for your child or yourself, our greatest goal is to deliver an optimal patient experience while providing the best in orthodontic care. To learn more about your treatment options for yourself or your child, we encourage you to contact our office to schedule a complimentary consultation. Drs. Greg Nalchajian and Nicole Nalchajian will assess your current oral health situation and help you select the type of braces that will provide a beautiful new smile. We look forward to meeting you at Nalchajian Orthodontics!