The separators we placed today will make space by gently pushing your back teeth apart slightly. At your next visit, we will be placing metal bands around those teeth. The separators will allow us to fit the bands comfortably and correctly.
Please make sure you do the following:
- Check them daily to make sure they are all still there. Call us if you lose any.
- Don’t worry if you swallow one — it won’t hurt you.
- Brush 3 times a day.
- Floss all of your teeth once a day except where there are separators. Flossing can pull them out.
- Don’t eat anything sticky or chewy. Do not chew gum.
- Expect your teeth to be sore for a few days; this is normal! Take Tylenol® or Advil® if needed.