Our Finance and Insurance Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Finance Coordination: Help every patient navigate the financial aspect of their orthodontic experience by:
- Preparing patient financial action plans and resolving account problems on a daily basis
- Coordinating financial arrangements (according to the financial policy), monitoring payments, and following up with patients who do not meet financial obligations
- Maintaining appropriate financial documentation, including signed financial agreements, and recording patient financial discussions
- Insurance Claims: Assist our patients in managing their coverage by filing insurance claims, processing insurance, and patient payments, researching patient insurance benefits on diagnosed treatments, and verifying that charts have complete insurance information.
- Billing & Collections: Make a critical contribution to the bottom line of our practice by:
- Creating and sending monthly statements on a regular billing cycle and noting payment problems on patient charts
- Reporting uncollected accounts to collections
- Supervising patient accounts that have been turned over to a collection agency
- Participate in additional duties, such as providing phone coverage, as assigned.
- Come with experience in the field: Successful candidates possess a strong working knowledge of financial and insurance coordinator duties and can quickly grasp relevant concepts regarding duties and responsibilities. A high school diploma and experience in bookkeeping or accounting a must!
- Know your way around basic computer applications and office equipment, such as telephones, calculators, copiers and fax machines, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email portals, and digital calendaring.
- Possess strong interactive communication skills: Be able to concisely and consistently communicate on a friendly and professional level via email, telephone, and in-person when working with patients, team members, and the dental community.
- Be highly organized and self-sufficient: Prioritize, organize, execute, repeat! This role requires an independent thinker who can complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Possess exceptional quantitative skills: This role requires an individual who can understand and follow written and verbal instruction to collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Have the need to succeed! We like to celebrate all victories, no matter how big or small. Each day will bring new learning opportunities, which will provide you with the chance to let your inner problem-solver shine.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your résumé by clicking the button below.
We look forward to learning more about you!